Star 101.5

Search Results for:

Arsenio Hall officially closes deal to reprise his role as Semi in 'Coming 2 America'

Star 101.5
Photo by Erika Goldring/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) — Prince Akeem will officially have his right-hand man beside him in the upcoming sequel Coming 2 America. According to Deadline, Arsenio Hall has closed his deal to reprise his role as Semi in Coming 2 America. The actor was rumored to be starring in the project alongside Eddie Murphy and was recently pictured with Oscar-winning costume designer Ruth E. Carter on set just a few months ago. The original 1988 film Coming to America starred Murphy as Akeem Joffer, crown prince of the fictional African nation of Zamunda. In an effort to find a wife, Akeem, along with his trusty assistant Semi, played by Hall, decides to travel to Queens, NY. In the sequel, Akeem learns about a long-lost son and must return to America to meet the “unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda.” In addition to Murphy and Hall, most of the original film’s cast, including Shari Headley and James Earl Jones, is expected to return. However, as of now, only Murphy, Hall and Jermaine Fowler have officially signed on. As previously noted,

"The Burnt Orange Heresy," new thriller featuring Mick Jagger, to premiere at Venice Film Festival in September

Star 101.5
Roberto Ricciuti/Getty ImagesThe Burnt Orange Heresy, a new art-heist thriller featuring Mick Jagger in a major role, will get its world premiere on September 7 at the Venice International Film Festival in Venice, Italy. The movie, which will be screened at the Sala Grande theater of the Palazzo del Cinema, will close out the fest after the event’s awards ceremony. In the film, the Rolling Stones singer portrays a British art dealer and collector who’s the patron of a famous and reclusive painter named Jerome Debney, played by Donald Sutherland. The story follows Claes Bang as a charismatic art critic who, along with his new lover — an American tourist, portrayed by Elizabeth Debicki — travel to the art dealer’s opulent estate on Italy’s Lake Como. There, Jagger’s character offers to introduce the critic to Debney, in exchange for the critic stealing one of the artist’s masterpieces. The Burnt Orange Heresy was directed by Italian director Giuseppe Capotondi, whose debut feature film The Double Hour debuted at the Venice Film Festival in 2009. His other credits include the Epix series

Trump concedes he may watch Mueller testimony, but just 'a little bit'

Star 101.5
Alex Wong/Getty Images(WASHINGTON) — After denying he would watch former special counsel Robert Mueller’s congressional testimony this week, President Donald Trump on Monday conceded he’d “maybe” tune in and “see a little bit of it.” “No, I’m not going to be watching,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office Monday, before adding, “Probably, maybe I’ll see a little bit of it. I’m not going to be watching Mueller because you can’t take all those bites out of the apple.” Mueller is scheduled to testify before two congressional committees for five and a half hours. Television networks are planning special, live coverage, and Trump had said Friday he did not plan to watch. In a tweet earlier Monday, Trump accused Democrats on Capitol Hill of wasting time on “this ridiculous Witch Hunt.”  Trump often claims the report found “no collusion” and “no obstruction,” but Mueller did not, in fact reach a conclusion on obstruction. And while the investigation did not find sufficient evidence to establish if there was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, it did detail several “offers

Man who shot mob boss Francesco 'Franky Boy' Cali believed in QAnon, thought he had Trump's 'full support': Court docs

Star 101.5
Evgen_Prozhyrko/iStock(NEW YORK) — The man who is accused of fatally shooting a New York City mob boss in a brazen crime that shocked observers and the law enforcement community allegedly thought he had the protection of President Trump and was trying to arrest him as part of a battle against the “Deep State,” new court documents claim. Anthony Comello is charged with the murder of Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali, the reputed head of the infamous Gambino crime family. Authorities initially feared a possible mob war in the wake of Cali’s shooting death in March, but later Comello, who has no known mob ties, was identified as the suspect. He has entered a not guilty plea to murder and weapons possession charges. In new court documents submitted Friday, Comello’s defense attorney details how his client — who he is arguing suffers from mental defect — allegedly was a believer in the “conspiratorial fringe right-wing political group” QAnon. QAnon has found its way out of the recesses of the internet with references on Alex Jones’ “InfoWars” and from celebrities like Roseanne Barr.

Iran says it has arrested 17 spies working for CIA, some could face death penalty

Star 101.5
omersukrugoksu/iStock(TEHRAN, Iran) — Iranian intelligence authorities said Monday they had arrested 17 spies hired by the U.S. government’s Central Intelligence Agency. All 17 alleged spies were Iranian nationals, the director of the counter-espionage of the Islamic Republic intelligence ministry said at a press conference. The name of the director was not disclosed. Those arrested worked as staff at sensitive centers in the country, including “economic, nuclear, infrastructural, military and cyber fields or their counterpart private sector,” according to the Iranian intelligence press release. Some of the spies who declined to cooperate with the Islamic Republic intelligence after their arrest have been sent to the judiciary and their cases are being processed. Their sentences will be either execution or a long imprisonment, the intelligence director said. However, those spies who decided to “honestly cooperate” with the Islamic Republic’s intelligence organization were used to work “against Americans,” Iran said. President Donald Trump dismissed the allegations as “totally false” and “lies and propaganda.”  The president later addressed the controversy in the Oval Office. “I read a report today about CIA,” Trump told reporters

Man involved in street fight with ASAP Rocky won't face charges, Swedish prosecutor says

Star 101.5
Visionhaus/Corbis via Getty Images(NEW YORK) — As A$AP Rocky awaits his fate in a Swedish detention center, the Swedish prosecutor’s office announced on Monday that one of the two men involved in a June 30 street fight with the rapper and his companions will not face charges. The decision comes as a response to a “counter-investigation” or complaint filed by the American rapper’s bodyguard against one of the two men. The bodyguard, whose name has not been disclosed by prosecutors, was present during the fight but was not detained. “The person who filed the counter-complaint repeatedly asks the other person to leave. When he refuses to leave, the other person first pushes him away and then takes a grip around the other persons neck and lifts him away a few meters. In this situation, the person throws his headphones on the notifier, and tries to hand out battles, which may be considered as self-defense,” senior public prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a statement. Swedish prosecutors declined to provide the names of the two men involved in the fight with the

Man involved in street fight with ASAP Rocky won't face charges, Swedish prosecutor says

Star 101.5
Visionhaus/Corbis via Getty Images(NEW YORK) — As A$AP Rocky awaits his fate in a Swedish detention center, the Swedish prosecutor’s office announced on Monday that one of the two men involved in a June 30 street fight with the rapper and his companions will not face charges. The decision comes as a response to a “counter-investigation” or complaint filed by the American rapper’s bodyguard against one of the two men. The bodyguard, whose name has not been disclosed by prosecutors, was present during the fight but was not detained. “The person who filed the counter-complaint repeatedly asks the other person to leave. When he refuses to leave, the other person first pushes him away and then takes a grip around the other persons neck and lifts him away a few meters. In this situation, the person throws his headphones on the notifier, and tries to hand out battles, which may be considered as self-defense,” senior public prosecutor Daniel Suneson said in a statement. Swedish prosecutors declined to provide the names of the two men involved in the fight with the

What consumers are entitled to in the $700 million Equifax settlement over the 2017 data breach

Star 101.5
Igor Golovniov/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Credit reporting agency Equifax will likely pay out a $700 million settlement over the 2017 data breach that exposed the social security numbers of an estimated 147 million people, according to federal officials. A proposed settlement would involve the company providing up to $425 million in monetary relief to consumers and a civil money penalty of $100 million, along with other amounts of relief, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission announced in a joint press release on Monday. The settlement still needs to be approved by the U.S. District Court in Atlanta, according to the statement. The company has also agreed to pay $175 million to 48 states as well as the district of Columbia and Puerto Rico, the FTC tweeted. FTC Chairman Joe Simons accused Equifax of failing to take “basic steps” to prevent the breach, of “deceiving consumers” about the strength of its data security program and of “engaging in acts and practices that caused additional harm or risk to consumers, the release states. The settlement

Stunt player's injury brings 'Fast & Furious 9' to a halt

Star 101.5
Photo by Donna Ward/Getty Images(LONDON) — One of the stunt performers on the London set of the ninth Fast and Furious film has been injured, and production on the film has been halted as a result. In a statement to ABC News, Universal Pictures confirmed an accident had occurred at the famed Leavesden Studios, noting the production stoppage for the day would help the filmmakers “to focus on this situation.” Starring Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Helen Mirren, Charlize Theron, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel and John Cena, Fast & Furious 9 is currently scheduled to be released on May 22, 2020. Meanwhile, the Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, will arrive in theaters August 2. Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

"King of the World" James Cameron bows down to "Box-Office King" Avengers: Endgame

Star 101.5
Marvel Studios(LOS ANGELES) — Over the weekend, Avengers: Endgame finally de-throned Avatar as the highest-grossing movie of all time, and in a post on Twitter, James Cameron officially passed the crown. According to Box Office Mojo, James Cameron’s 2009 sci-fi epic’s final tally stands at almost $2.8 billion; this weekend, at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige announced Endgame had surpassed Avatar by a narrow margin. Cameron posted a picture that shows Iron Man surrounded by floating sprites from Avatar’s alien planet, Pandora. The picture features — in the language of his blue-skinned alien heroes the Na’vi — a greeting that translates to “I see you, Marvel.” In English, the picture also features the legend: “Congratulations to Avengers: Endgame on becoming the new box-office king.” In response, Endgame‘s directors Joe and Anthony Russo took to Instagram to thank Cameron. They posted a shot from his first hit, 1984’s Terminator, along with their silhouettes, as if they were in their movie seats, saying in tandem, “Holy sh**!” They said of Cameron, “[Y]ou’re a monumental reason why we fell in